Our Workshops! No Cost and Open to the Public…Always.
Registration is required for our educational workshops!
You may register by email: LS@fsobergen.org or phone: 201-509-0562.
When registering, please provide your name, phone #, ages of your children and include the date and time of the workshop , Thank you!
2019 Nurtured Heart Approach® Training!
~For Parents and Caregivers~
The Nurtured Heart Approach® is a strength based, social/emotional strategy that:
- Transforms negative behaviors into positive behaviors
- Builds personal Inner Wealth™
- Promotes positive relationships and renewed sense of self and community!
The goal of this training is to introduce parents/caregivers to the Nurtured Heart Approach® for supporting children and families. Household members are strongly encouraged to attend together!
Training Objectives: You will be able to:
- Describe the conceptual framework of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Discuss the three Stands of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Demonstrate ways to recognize and energize positive behaviors, within a cultural context.
- Discuss how to effectively set and enforce clear limits when working with children/youth.
Presenter: Lauren Salvodon, Certified NHA Trainer, is a Community Outreach Specialist at the Family Support Organization of Bergen County (FSOBC). She has also served as a Family Support Partner for the FSO, providing support to parents and caregivers of children with emotional, behavioral, developmental, intellectual and/or substance use disorders. Lauren, whose son was severely bullied, is dedicated to supporting families and advocating for anti-bullying policies in schools. She is also a certified Mental Health First Aid Instructor for the Bergen County Division of Mental Health Services, a Crisis Intervention Team Facilitator and a member of the Stigma Free Initiative.
3 Hour Nurtured Heart Approach Training offerings:
Morning: Monday, December 9th, 9:30am-1:00pm
Evening: Friday, December 13th, 5:30-9:00pm