Our Workshops are at no cost and Open to the Public…Always!
2020 Nurtured Heart Approach®
~For Parents and Caregivers~
The Nurtured Heart Approach® is a strength based, social/emotional strategy that:
- Transforms negative behaviors into positive behaviors
- Builds personal Inner Wealth™
- Promotes positive relationships and renewed sense of self and community!
The goal of this training is to introduce parents/caregivers to the Nurtured Heart Approach® for supporting children and families. Household members are strongly encouraged to attend together!
Training Objectives: You will be able to:
- Describe the conceptual framework of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Discuss the three Stands of the Nurtured Heart Approach®
- Demonstrate ways to recognize and energize positive behaviors, within a cultural context.
- Discuss how to effectively set and enforce clear limits when working with children/youth.
Presenter: Lauren Salvodon, Certified NHA Trainer, is a Community Outreach Specialist at the Family Support Organization of Bergen County (FSOBC). She has also served as a Family Support Partner for the FSO, providing support to parents and caregivers of children with emotional, behavioral, developmental, intellectual and/or substance use disorders. Lauren, whose son was severely bullied, is dedicated to supporting families and advocating for anti-bullying policies in schools. She is also a certified Mental Health First Aid Instructor for the Bergen County Division of Mental Health Services, a Crisis Intervention Team Facilitator and a member of the Stigma Free Initiative.